The Jersey Atlantic Wind Farm developed by Community Energy, Inc. is the first example of a urban / costal Wind Power facility. Located at the Atlantic County Utility Authority (ACUA) this facility is positioned near the heart of Atlantic City. The facility includes five General Electric 1.5 MW Wind Turbines. The facility’s 7.5 MW is enough power to supply 4000 homes in the area.
M. A. Mortenson was the General Contractor for the project. The electrical balance of plant (BOP) contractor was TRC Engineers, Inc. with Sentry Engineering Group, Inc. personnel managing the project. S. M. Electric subcontracted to TRC Engineers, Inc. to perform the electrical installation. The Electrical BOP included the following scope of work performed on a Engineer, Procure and Construct (EPC) turn-key basis:
- Substation Station upgrade for interconnect
- Below ground 34.5 kV collection system
- Foundation Electrical including grounding/conduits/ pad mount installation
- Up-tower wiring after installation
- SCADA System installation
- Engineering for Substation / Collection and SCADA