The Buffalo Gap Phase 1 Wind Farm is owned by AES/Seawest. This project is located just south of Abilene, Texas. The project consists of 67 Vestas V80 wind turbines. This project was built in the summer of 2005. D. H. Blattner served as the general contractor for the entire project. Sentry Engineering Group, Inc personnel under the TRC Engineer’s, Inc organization were responsible for the collection system and the transmission line for this project on a turn-key engineer, procure and construct basis. The scope included the engineering, procurement and construction of the following:
- Collection system underground 34.5 kV collection system.
- Foundation electrical and grounding
- Collection system fiber optic network
- Junction box installation.
- 13 mile 138 kV transmission line
- Overhead under build collection system.
- Tower Wiring
- Collection system / Foundation Electrical and Transmission Line Engineering.